Basics of a Donor Advised Fund
To get started with a donor advised fund at The Signatry, we want you to have full access to all the details you need to know. From potential fees to grant methods, understanding the inner workings of your donor advised fund is a valuable step to a fulfilling generosity journey.
With integrity and transparency as one of our core values, we welcome conversation and question on any of these topics.
Fees and Minimums
Learn more about the potential fees or fund balance requirements that could apply to your fund. View full details at www.thesignatry.com/fees
- Administrative Fees: An administrative fee is assessed once a month and is deducted from the fund. (View fee schedule here)
- Investment fees: Dependent on the pool (View here)
- Expedited Shipping for Grant Checks: $25
- eCheck/ACH Fee: 0.8% per transaction with a cap of $5 (no transaction, regardless of amount will be charged more than $5)
- Credit/Debit Card Fees:
Visa/Master Card/Discover: 2.2% + $.30 per transaction
American Express: 3.5% + $.30 per transaction
- Minimum account opening balance: $0
- Advisor Managed Account minimum balance: $0
- Minimum grant amount: $100
Grants & Contributions
- Grant Delivery Methods: ACH or check
- Charity Vetting: All charities are screened for approval and are regularly re-screened to ensure they are still in compliance
- Recurring Grants: Yes, custom schedule options are available
- Anonymity: Optional, ability to set levels of information disclosed with the grantee
- Grant Recommendation Policies: Charity must have good standing with the IRS and meet legal and organization filters
- Charity Research: A database of approved charities is available within the fund platform for research by cause type, location, and more
- Contribution Methods: Check, wire/ACH, credit/debit card, cash, publicly traded securities, complex assets
- Recurring Contributions: Yes, custom schedule options are available
- Advisory Privileges: The Signatry, the 501c3 sponsoring organization, has legal control over the assets, and donors retain advisory privileges over assets contributed.
Learn about the various options to customize and grow your generosity.
- Investment Pools: 7 biblically responsible investment pools across the risk spectrum. View here
- Alternative Investments: Subject to approval
- User Roles: Recommend multiple users and levels of access
- Access: Online mobile-friendly fund platform provides your fund access
- Successors: A variety of options can be recommended to create successors and beneficiaries. Work with the Donor Care team to discuss recommendations.