This Privacy Notice describes how The Signatry Companies – Servant Foundation d/b/a The Signatry, The Signatry Charitable Trust, and all of their respective affiliates collectively herein, “The Signatry,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, shares, and protects personal information collected from the Signatry’s website: www.thesignatry.com. The Signatry is a nonprofit organization that respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of personal information about its former, current, and potential donors and other individuals. This Privacy Notice describes the Signatry’s information privacy practices related to collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing personal data by the Signatry in both the online and offline context.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Use of The Signatry’s Account Login||Under the terms of The Signatry User Agreement, Give Interactive will require user account information that includes an email, mailing address and user credentials. Additionally, Give Interactive may register payment methods (not account data) leveraging PCI-compliant payment solutions. Users may also select communication preferences and favorite select non-profits for grant recipients. Give Interactive uses tracking technology to monitor user behavior and system performance. For select users who have requested additional services, fund owners/managers may also have access to investment account information and holdings, and grant recipient leadership may have access to their payment instructions.||We use the data provided to provide services (processing contributions, grant requests/payments, and nonprofit vetting). Personal contact information is used to verify identity during support calls, offer in-app assistance, deliver opt-in notifications and provide statements about account activity. Tracking data is used to for system auditing for optimizing system performance and usability.|
|Contact Us and other Forms||We may ask for your name, email address, phone number, and/or any additional information that you choose to provide when you click on the option to send us an inquiry or voluntarily provide additional information to support our service delivery.||We use the Data you provide to connect you with people and resources regarding the topic you submit. The Signatry’s primary purpose in collecting Personal Data is to provide information and materials in to better provide its services. For example, we may use Personal Data to send marketing information to a donor, assess the donor’s specific needs and interests, provide accounting information to authorized individuals, improve website experience, provide notices to you about the services we provide, and any other ways we may describe when you provide the information or any other purpose with your consent. Personal Data that is collected also helps The Signatry to verify and identify each person who contributes to The Signatry.|
|Feedback||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Health and Safety||We do not intentionally collect or solicit this information, but if you disclose information that we identify as a serious safety or public health threat, we may collect medical and health information.||We have a legitimate interest in protecting your, and other peoples, health and safety.|
|Tracking Technology – First Party||We may use tracking technology, such as cookies and clear GIFs. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that our website sends to your computer’s hard drive when our website is viewed.||We use tracking technologies to make our website operate efficiently and to understand who is visiting our website.|
|Tracking Technology – Third Party||We may participate in behavior-based advertising, or allow third party behavioral advertising companies, to place tracking technology on our website. For example, a third party might use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertisements to you, or to others like you.||In jurisdictions that regulate the use of advertising tracking technologies, we seek your consent before placing advertising-related cookies. You can opt-out from the use of certain third party tracking technologies by clicking cookie settings .|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand how people are using our website.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests.|
Sharing of Information.
In addition to the specific situations discussed above, we may share Personal Data that we collect or you provide in the following situations:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website and provide technical support. [Our service providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.]
- Affiliated Organizations: We share information with our affiliated organizations (e.g., subsidiary and related charitable organizations). If another organization acquires, or plans to acquire, us, or our assets, we will share information with that organization. Upon dissolution, all of our assets would be transferred to another charitable organization, and Personal Data held by The Signatry may be among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent. We do not, and will not, sell your personal information for money. We do share your personal information with your consent. Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information are identified by name in the previous section. If we would like to share your personal information with a different third party that is not described elsewhere in this notice we will ask your permission to do so.
We may disclose Personal Data:
- To comply with and/or respond to government or regulatory requests, subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. To establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies
- To enforce or apply The Signatry User Agreement and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Signatry, our donors, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You can make the following requests regarding your personal information:
- Access. You may request access to your personal information in a portable format, a description of the categories of personal information that we share with third parties, or confirmation whether we process your personal information by contacting us at the address below.
- Changes. You may request that we correct any personal information that we have about you by contacting us at the address below.
- Deletion. You may request information about how long we keep your personal information, or request that we delete your personal information, by contacting us at the address below.
- Tracking Technologies. You can turn off the use of targeted advertising related tracking technologies from third parties by clicking cookie settings.
If required by law we will grant your request. Note, however, that in many cases we delete, deidentify, anonymize, or aggregate the personal information that is submitted on our website. As a result, we may not have any personal information that is linked to you. If we do have personal information about you, we will require you to prove your identity. For example, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, and/or telephone number, and we may require that you demonstrate to us that you control the email address and/or telephone number that we have associated with you.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. We require that an authorized agent provide us with a copy of a signed authorized agent designation form and that we independently verify your identity directly with you. If you are an authorized agent you should contact us at the above address and request an authorized agent designation form.
How We Protect Personal Information.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
As described in this notice, in many cases we deidentify or aggregate personal information that is submitted on our website. When we deidentify personal information we commit to maintain and use the information in deidentified form and not to attempt to reidentify the information except to determine whether our deidentification process is functioning.
Other Important Information.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
Transmission of Information to the United States. The Signatry is intended for United States visitors. If you are located in another country and choose to submit information on our website, note that it will be transmitted to the United States where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Third Parties. The Signatry does not endorse and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third-party websites, including those linked to and from its public or nonpublic website. We are thoughtful about where we link and with whom we partner, but we have no control over the privacy practices of third parties. You should consult third party privacy notices to understand how they use and share your personal information.
In the instance of a security incident involving Personal Data, The Signatry may notify you, if required to do so by law, at any contact information that we have on file about you.
Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
Children. Our website(s) are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to our website(s). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Your Responsibilities. The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our website(s). Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk.
You can send questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, or submit requests regarding your personal information, to the following:
7171 W. 95th Street, Ste 501
Overland Park, KS 66212
If a request regarding your personal information is denied, you can submit an appeal by contacting us at the above address with the heading “APPEAL.”
Effective Date: February 10, 2023
Last Update: November 1, 2023