Year-End Development Goals
Your year-end strategies are now in full swing. Did you know over 30 percent of annual giving occurs in December? Twelve percent happens in the last 3 days of the year.
Every day matters. Every connection (conversation, email, phone call, social media post) matters. Nearly one-third of non-profits raise 26-50 percent of their annual budget from year-end efforts.
Keep working! Here are my suggestions to continue to get your message out and achieve year-end development goals:
- Call one donor each day. Tell them thank you. Share a story.
- Write a personal note to a donor each day.
- Send a personal email with a story of progress to 5 donors each day.
- Take a mid-level donor to coffee. Learn more about them.
- Take a major donor to lunch. Tell them the impact they are making.
Fourth quarter development is busy time for nonprofits, remember, if you have any questions or need any resources, The Signatry is for you.
Read our latest blog on how a donor advised fund can help connect your work with a donor’s giving at the end of the year.