Your Resources for Year-End Giving
Year end is always an exciting season as you help your clients with the final preparations to put their charitable giving visions into action. This page provides key deadlines and information you need to support your clients who have funds at The Signatry.
Grants & Contributions
Did you know 50% of our contributions and grants typically occur in December? With this large volume, we encourage you and your clients to prepare in advance.
For a list of deadlines and processing timelines that your clients need to know, visit our year-end summary for donors.
Year-End Grant & Contribution Tips
- Consider making bulk contributions in November to ensure your clients will have sufficient fund balances for us to process December grants. View all contributions deadlines here.
- When recommending a new grant for a charity, please include the organization’s website, EIN, state, and contact information will help expedite our vetting process.
- We recommend starting stock gifts by December 5, 2022. Use our Stock Transfer notification form so our team can identify the incoming gift. Without this form, we cannot guarantee that the liquidated amount will be attributed to your fund or that you will be receipted for the amount.
- Encourage your clients to tell their favorite charities to sign up to receive grants via ACH. Once a grant has been processed, ACH often allows us to send and deposit funds in the same day.
Grant & Contribution Forms
Save these quick links for any forms your clients may need:
- Wire/ACH Notice Form: Use this form to notify us of any incoming wire/ACH contributions.
- Stock Contribution Form: Use this form to notify us of any incoming stock contributions.
- Contribution Form: Include this form with any check contributions.
- Charity ACH Form: Send this form to charities so they can receive grants via ACH payment instead of mail.
Advisor Managed Accounts
If you manage an advisor managed account (AMA) option for The Signatry, we want to remind you of additional important dates and processes.
- Custodial applications to establish new Advisor Managed Accounts (AMAs) must be submitted to The Signatry for approval and signatures by December 1, 2022. After December 1st, donors can still open and contribute to standard Donor Advised Funds which can be converted to AMAs after January 1, 2023.
- For transferring stock into an AMA Custodial Account, we will need the journal form and contribution date as well as the AMA stock contribution notice form.
- All cash contributions should come directly to The Signatry’s main contribution account per the AMA Funding Instructions. We request that your clients do not make cash contributions directly into the custodial account. Download the Wire/ACH contribution notice form here.
Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions about year-end processes.
Resources for Charitable Planning
As you navigate conversations with clients or prepare to introduce new charitable tools, we are here to serve you. Below are various resources you can use to further these conversations. Additionally, feel free to reach out to us at www.thesignatry.com/contact