Advisors’ Year-End Guide
Year end is always an exciting season as you help your clients with the final preparations to put their charitable giving visions into action. This page provides key deadlines and information you need to support your clients who work with The Signatry.
Grants & Contributions
Did you know 50% of our contributions and grants typically occur in December? With this large volume, we encourage you and your clients to prepare in advance.
For a list of deadlines and processing timelines that your clients need to know, visit our year-end summary for donors.
Year-End Grant & Contribution Tips
- Consider making bulk contributions in November to ensure your clients will have sufficient fund balances for us to process December grants. View all contributions deadlines here.
- When recommending a new grant for a charity, including the organization’s website, EIN, state, and contact information will help expedite our vetting process.
- We recommend starting stock gifts by December 4, 2023. Please use our contribution notification form so our team can identify the incoming gift. Without this form, we cannot guarantee that the gift will be attributed to the fund or that the donor will be receipted for the amount.
- Encourage your clients to tell their favorite charities to sign up to receive grants from The Signatry via ACH. Once a grant has been processed, ACH often allows us to send and deposit funds in the same day. Nonprofits can contact email@example.com to get started.
Advisor Managed Accounts
If you manage an advisor managed account (AMA) option for The Signatry, we want to remind you of additional important processes and deadlines.
- Custodial applications to establish new Advisor Managed Accounts (AMAs) must be submitted to The Signatry for approval and signatures by December 1, 2023. After December 1, donors can still open and contribute to standard donor advised funds which can be converted to AMAs after January 1, 2024.
- For transferring stock into an AMA Custodial Account, we will need the journal form, contribution date, and the contribution notification form.
- All cash contributions should come directly to The Signatry’s main contribution account per the AMA Funding Instructions. We request that your clients do not make cash contributions directly into the custodial account. Use the contribution notification form to alert us to any donations via wire or ACH.